Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No animations after exporting Keynote presentation as movie

Hi, I figured that when I export a presentation as a movie and the animations are set to start "with the previous" ou "after the previous", and not as "on click", Keynote just ignore the animations on the rendered movie. For instance, if I set two distinct objects to dissolve simultaneously, they will just appear and not dissolve on the movie. Even though the dissolve correctly on the Keynote presentation mode. And this seems to happened with every other transition.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Keynote 8.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Sep 28, 2018 1:34 PM in response to BeogivalJr

Hi BeogivalJr,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From your post, it looks like you may be seeing differences in your animations once exported.

Which file format are you exporting to? Also, to clarify, is there a time interval set for your animations?

It sounds like this point, from the document titled Keynote for Mac: Export a Keynote presentation to PowerPoint or another file format , may apply to your issue:
Movie: If you recorded a narration, you can click the Playback pop-up menu, then choose Slideshow Recording. Otherwise, your presentation is self-playing and advances to the next slide or build according to the time intervals you enter. If you have an animation that is set to advance following a previous build or transition, it’s not affected by the time interval you enter.

I hope this is helpful. If you find the information above doesn't clear things up, it may be best to Contact Apple Support .

Take care.

Sep 29, 2018 11:01 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1,

I'm exporting as a movie file. I've tried all encoders and some different resolutions, same problem. The encoders simply ignore the animations, but only the ones that are composed and set to "with the previous" ou "after the previous".

Also, I export the recording as a pre-recorded narration, and not as constant time intervals.

wasn't really helpful, but thanks anyway.

Oct 9, 2018 3:34 PM in response to BeogivalJr

I have this problem too!

I tried various fixes... various frames sizes & video codecs; clearing/re-recording slideshows. Nothing worked.

However... I was able to export to a movie using the Playback option set to <Self-Playing>, and the resulting movie appeared (to me) to export as if I had selected <Slideshow Recording>.

Might be an okay work-around until Apple gets this bug fixed.

Oct 10, 2018 7:38 PM in response to Chief Squirrel

Just updated to Mojave, and the problem is still happening for me on Keynote 8.2.

The Problem: When Export To Movie using "slideshow recording" only the first animation of each slide is produced, subsequent animations/builds for the slide simply cut on all at once.

Possible Temporary Fix: Export To Movie as "self-playing" produced the "slideshow recording" of the presentation.

Does this work for anyone else?

If so, it sounds like it would have to be a simple bug for Apple to fix, right?

Nov 7, 2018 3:49 PM in response to Paddlesnz

8.3 hasn't resolved the problem for me either.

Only workaround, if you (desperately) need video and audio, is to do what I suggested earlier:

-- record slideshow (as per usual, from the Play menu)

-- export to movie using "self playing" (this will give you all the recorded video transitions but no audio)

-- export to movie using "slideshow recording" (this will give you your audio, but no transitions)

Combine the two files' audio and video in iMovie, Final Cut etc.

Or, if you have the old Quicktime 7, there's a way to re-stripe audio in that.

No animations after exporting Keynote presentation as movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.