Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 12.0 Problem

I upgraded to Safari 12.0 last night because I was tired of getting reminded by Apple every day to do it. And of course, it made things worse for me.

Now I can no longer post comments through FaceBook. I could before. Now I get some wacky message "Tap to go back to facebook.com/plugins/commen....." And when I do nothing happens.

I did clear history and cookies to see if that would work, but no. Lucky for me, Firefox does not have this problem and I can post comments through that browser.

Anyone have a solution to fix Safari?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 8:51 AM

7 replies

Sep 28, 2018 9:18 AM in response to richardfromlatham

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 28, 2018 10:26 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric for trying to help me!

I'm old and lack the skill and talent to add another user account without completely wrecking everything.

I did, quite easily, perform a reboot in Safe Mode and the problem persists. Nothing changed.

I was hoping that someone else had experienced the same problem and knew which setting or preference on Safari that I needed to tweak to allow FaceBook comments back in. It's possible that FB is the problem, but I doubt it because there are no problems when I am using Firefox.

Safari 12.0 Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.