Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6s can’t update to the iOS 12

I have tried updating my iPhone 6s to the iOS 12 serveral times but is always stack showing 1 hour remaining at all times I try updating it

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 8:04 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dennisobengjnr!

I understand you've been unable to update to iOS 12. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.

Start out with these steps: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates
If you have a computer available, you can also update using iTunes: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your device using iTunes

If you can’t update wirelessly on your iOS device, you can update manually using iTunes on a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the iOS device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes and select your device.
  4. Click Summary, then click Check for Update.
    User uploaded file
  5. Click Download and Update.
  6. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If you see error messages in iTunes or need more space to update

Get help if you see error messages while updating your device with iTunes. Or if you need more space for an update, you can delete content from your device manually.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 8:04 AM in response to dennisobengjnr

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dennisobengjnr!

I understand you've been unable to update to iOS 12. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.

Start out with these steps: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates
If you have a computer available, you can also update using iTunes: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your device using iTunes

If you can’t update wirelessly on your iOS device, you can update manually using iTunes on a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the iOS device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes and select your device.
  4. Click Summary, then click Check for Update.
    User uploaded file
  5. Click Download and Update.
  6. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If you see error messages in iTunes or need more space to update

Get help if you see error messages while updating your device with iTunes. Or if you need more space for an update, you can delete content from your device manually.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Nov 1, 2018 11:23 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hi,

I have iPhone 6s running on iOs 9...

Tried to update using iphone, however it does not allow me to do update using wifi and request me to connect it to my itunes

Then, tried to update using my mac, but it prompts me to install OS X 10.11.4 (or later).

I checked my mac and it is now running on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

I tried to do software update on my mac, but it shows me that NO UPDATES Available

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Dec 3, 2018 10:23 AM in response to Alfonsoarifin

I have an Iphone 5S running on iOS 9.3.2 and I also cannot update it.

Every time I press the "Update" button in Itunes it either dosen't do anything or it opens up a dialogue box that closes after a few seconds.

Updating through the phone also dosen't work, it promps me to update through the computer.

I think this is issue has to do with the fact that we are trying to update from iOS 9.

My iPhone 6s can’t update to the iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.