Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp Chat backup from Android to Iphone XS Max

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my whatsapp chat backup from Samsung S8+ to Iphone XS Max through Android to iOS but it not transferring the app data's to my iphone.

Then installed whatsapp in iphone to try to restore whatsapp data from my gmail but iphone xs is giving only option from icloud.

Kindly suggest how to restore whatsapp data to my new iphone.

Thanks in Advance

Mani

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 12:05 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2018 9:35 AM in response to manikandantiya

Hi manikandantiya,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you're encountering an issue with transferring data from WhatsApp from Android to iOS.

The steps here, in the article titled Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch , are your best resource.
Here's what gets transferred: contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars. If they're available on both Google Play and the App Store, some of your free apps will also transfer. After the transfer completes, you can download any free apps that were matched from the App Store.

Based on this and the steps you've tried so far, it sounds like your next best step will be to contact WhatsApp. You can find out How to contact an app developer here:

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. Open the App Store. Make sure that you're signed in with the Apple ID that you purchased or downloaded the app with.
  2. Search for the app, then tap it. You can also find the app in your purchases: Tap Today, then tap User uploaded file or your photo in the upper-right corner of the screen. Tap Purchased, then find the app. You might need to tap "Not on this [device]" to see all of your apps.
  3. Swipe up to find the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.
    User uploaded file

I hope this helps so you can move your Android data to your new iPhone.

Have a great day.

Oct 1, 2018 6:07 AM in response to manikandantiya

Hi manikandantiya,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Since this involves data from WhatsApp, the best way to proceed will be to contact WhatsApp directly. They'll be in the best position to assist since this involves transferring data across the Android and iOS platforms.

There are some great steps in this resource that will help you locate contact information for a developer using the App Store. The resource is titled How to contact an app developer .

Take care.

Whatsapp Chat backup from Android to Iphone XS Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.