Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not playing the full song?

I've seen similar issues but never a concrete answer. My iTunes will play about half a song and then skip to the next on the album/playlist. Rinse and repeat. I've tried signing out and back in, as well as deleting the entire album/list and downloading them again and it is still doing it. Has anyone found a fix for this? Apple? Bueller?

Asus PC-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 7:39 AM

Any particular pattern you can discern, are these tracks downloaded, streamed, ripped, purchased, from Apple Music, or in one particular format? Try ResetStartEndTimes. Have you checked your hard drive for errors? If iTunes cannot read a file properly it will simply skip to the next without flagging the problem.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 7:39 AM in response to zydratelove

Any particular pattern you can discern, are these tracks downloaded, streamed, ripped, purchased, from Apple Music, or in one particular format? Try ResetStartEndTimes. Have you checked your hard drive for errors? If iTunes cannot read a file properly it will simply skip to the next without flagging the problem.

tt2

iTunes not playing the full song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.