Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave OS incompatible with iTunes

Brand new iPhone X will not sync with iTunes after installing Mojave OS (version 10.14). iTunes is calling for a software update but then says it's unavailable. I get the error message that iTunes requires a OS version 10.13.99 or older.

If I understand this correctly, Mojave and iTunes (current available version) are incompatible. So how do I now sync my new phone?

iPhone Xs Max, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 4:16 AM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2018 11:02 AM in response to woodmeister50

You would be correct. When speaking with the agent at apple tech, they wanted me to download iTunes 12.9 from their website and install over the iTunes 12.9 that was bundled into Mojave. The did not realise that they have not singularly release the iTunes 12.9 app on their website.

All further updates will be deployed through their dedicated Apple Software Updates area in System Preferences.

User uploaded file

Hopefully they fix the issue in an easier way than I did.

Oct 2, 2018 10:39 AM in response to woodmeister50

Mine is iPhone X running iOS 12 and iTunes 12.9 in Mojave.

Apple have advised that loads of people are having this issue. I have been speaking with Apple tech over the last few days. The engineers are going over crash files and Mac reports to try and find the solution.

I have done a clean install of Mojave and iOS 12 on both devices and it still had the issue. I then on a whim, downloaded Mojave again and installed an upgrade of Mojave over a clean install of Mojave. This seems to have resolved the error.

I have reported this to the agent at Apple I have been speaking with so that they can hopefully fix the issue without the need for others to do what I did to get it working.

Mojave OS incompatible with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.