Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scam or real from Apple

scam message or real From Apple

What is this message a Scam or a real Apple message

User uploaded filewhen i am in Safari 20% of the time I get this popup and I don't know WHAT changes Apple want to make and where, it looks suspicious to me.
I have to close out of Safari but before this message lets me it reoccurs several times.

Can anyone confirm that this is real, and does anyone else have this.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), SSD Drive

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 3:26 PM

Scam.

Learn how to identify and avoid fraudulent "phishing" email, fake ‘virus alerts’ and other scams:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759

How to report phishing emails to Apple:

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, please send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message, or take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and send it to imessage.spam@apple.com.
  • If you receive a suspicious message about your purchase activity in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, contact iTunes Support.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 3:26 PM in response to jojoguitar

Scam.

Learn how to identify and avoid fraudulent "phishing" email, fake ‘virus alerts’ and other scams:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759

How to report phishing emails to Apple:

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, please send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message, or take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and send it to imessage.spam@apple.com.
  • If you receive a suspicious message about your purchase activity in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, contact iTunes Support.

Sep 30, 2018 7:34 AM in response to jojoguitar

It is malware.

Download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. There is no reason to leave it installed once troubleshooting is finished. The free version doesn't update itself. If you need it again, you can download it again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac 10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Sep 29, 2018 3:31 PM in response to Klaus1

Thanks Klaus1

How do I stop this.

It’s not an email- it’s on th iMac when I am on internet.

Is it IN my Mac,

I thought viruses where nonexistent in macOS.

I’m concerned, again, I will no put in my password

If I up to Majave will this be eradicated.

I saw the links you sent, I will try to use them for further assstance but don’t have high hopes for effective responses.

scam or real from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.