Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off auto save on the pictures I send through imessage?

Every picture I take on imessage and send it gets automatically saved onto my camera roll how do I stop this from happening?

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 1:03 PM

Apple: This is a setting that I should be able to control. Sometimes I want to take a quick picture to send to a friend or family member, and not automatically save the picture to my camera roll. It is a garbage photo that I then have to go into my saved pictures in order to dele the texted photo I don’t want. This needs to be fixed. It was better in iOS 11.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 1:03 PM in response to kelluska

Apple: This is a setting that I should be able to control. Sometimes I want to take a quick picture to send to a friend or family member, and not automatically save the picture to my camera roll. It is a garbage photo that I then have to go into my saved pictures in order to dele the texted photo I don’t want. This needs to be fixed. It was better in iOS 11.

Nov 13, 2018 10:40 AM in response to kelluska

This is extremely annoying I usually just take a quick pic to send to someone and never have the attention of saving the pic myself and now I gotta open up my photo app and delete it. Apple has not released any statement or fix to this so for now we just have to deal with it I guess.

Apple please give us an option to turn this off!!!

how to turn off auto save on the pictures I send through imessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.