Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X WiFi slow when Bluetooth on

Whenever my Bluetooth is turned on, my WiFi signal is significantly slower. This has been a known issue since ios10 (though I’m not sure how widespread it is or it probably would’ve been fixed by now), the Bluetooth apparently continues to search for unconnected devices and this alters the WiFi connection somehow. Has their been any workaround for this besides just turning the Bluetooth off? Is this a hardware malfunction with my iPhone or a software issue? I am on iOS 12 and it did not fix this issue. Any help would be great.

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 8:27 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2018 4:28 PM in response to Beav13

I have been experiencing the same issue as well. Not sure if this is hardware or software related. Although a nuisance at this point, I’ve gotten use to turning off the Bluetooth (from control panel) whenever I don’t need it. At least for me, when Bluetooth is on (New Bluetooth Connections is on) the internet speeds over wifi are unbearable to the point it becomes useless.

iPhone X

iOS 12.1

Hoping this is software related and can be fixed with a software update.

IPhone X WiFi slow when Bluetooth on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.