Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no sound coming from my MacBook Air when I try to play anything from my iTunes library.

There is no sound on my MacBook Air when I try to play anything from my iTunes library. Everything appears to be playing but there is no sound.I have iTunes Version 12.8.0, and all other music apps and sites play normally. Please help!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), iOS 11.4.1, iTunes 12.8.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 7:55 AM

Hello ccsharps,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that there is no sound when playing content in iTunes on your MacBook Air, however sound from other apps work properly. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps for this behavior:

iTunes for Mac: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

If you see the AirPlay icon to the right of the volume slider in iTunes, be sure to click on it and confirm the speaker you would like to play audio from is selected. Keep us posted with what happens from here.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2018 7:55 AM in response to ccsharps

Hello ccsharps,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that there is no sound when playing content in iTunes on your MacBook Air, however sound from other apps work properly. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps for this behavior:

iTunes for Mac: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

If you see the AirPlay icon to the right of the volume slider in iTunes, be sure to click on it and confirm the speaker you would like to play audio from is selected. Keep us posted with what happens from here.

Cheers!

There is no sound coming from my MacBook Air when I try to play anything from my iTunes library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.