Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand problems on Mojave

Hi there, did anyone have problems in garageband with the update from high Sierra to Mojave? It doesn’t get signal in source: if I put in the guitar meters doesn’t work at all. (I use a M-audio Fast track, but I got the same problem also with the input integrated - Mac mini late 2014). Thanks

Mac mini, macOS Mojave (10.14), Problem

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 3:03 AM

Hi Riccardo, I have solved the problem from "System Preferences / Security and Privacy / Privacy" and authorizing the programs that use the microphone that are deactivated by default. I hope I was helpful. George

18 replies

Oct 13, 2018 8:30 AM in response to SignorBlu

Yes that solved my problem too. So thank you.

Of course, I had to restart, quit and relaunch GB 8 times, try different USB ports, various settings and preferences that I shouldn't have to reset until I finally did a search and found this answer. I wonder what other privacy settings and security workarounds Mojave did without my knowing it. This is what I get in addition to dark mode. #mojaveeheadaches

Oct 14, 2018 12:30 AM in response to SignorBlu

Hi,

Your solution is helpfull.

Interesting is why Apple called it "microphone authorizing" when it blocks all audio inputs. This way Apple missleads us. During fresh MainStage installation I unchecked microphone authorization because I do not use internal microphone for recordings, etc. Hope it will be changed in nearest update.

Thanks

Robert

Nov 4, 2018 10:47 AM in response to redtote2

That sounds like a very different problem than having GB not recognize input devices.

it sounds like are taking songs from iTunes, putting them in GB then reopening the GB track in iTunes?

If you export a GB track in some formats, there are devices that won’t recognize them (especially older devices). Also, GB won’t keep the original music metadata (artist, album, etc), so you might have songs, but under a different sorting order.

Sorry, all I have is amateur advice. Good luck!

Nov 27, 2018 5:30 PM in response to SignorBlu

I tried following the steps you provided. I DID find that the garageband box was unchecked, but even though I clicked it I still can't get garageband to recognize my mic. I've updated garageband, my audiobox 44VSL, firmware updates all around...I CAN record my piano (yamaha mofx8) which is also running through the audiobox, but it will not recognize audio from the box...any help would be great!

GarageBand problems on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.