Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

collect web projects from students and combine into one web site

I have 125 students who are each making a web page that will be posted on our building intranet. I need a procedure to collect those pages so I can put them together on one site.

I would like each student to create the "about me" page using iWeb at their workstation and then collect the pages when they are finished. The problem is that the files are somehow in that domain file and I can't figure out how to grab just the pages without having 125 domains on my computer. Any suggestions? I have already ruled out having students use one workstation to enter their data. That would just take too long to complete. I need them all to work at the same time.

emac Mac OS X (10.4.2) 30 workstation lab

ibook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Feb 15, 2007 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2007 10:49 AM

I
can't figure out how to grab just the pages without
having 125 domains on my computer. Any suggestions?

There's no way to combine domains. I gather you want to publish/upload the stuff only from one machine? One idea would be to make sure each student names their page distinctively, like "About Student A" and not just "About Me." Then you could have the students publish their sites/pages (a page is always part of a site) to their local drive. Then you could move all their pages to your machine and put them manually on the server. These "pages" would actually consist of at least two items, a file called "About Student A.html" and a folder called "About Student A_files".

If your intranet server doesn't like spaces in filenames, you need to replace these in your page names by underscores, e.g. About StudentA.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2007 10:49 AM in response to Marcia Milanowski

I
can't figure out how to grab just the pages without
having 125 domains on my computer. Any suggestions?

There's no way to combine domains. I gather you want to publish/upload the stuff only from one machine? One idea would be to make sure each student names their page distinctively, like "About Student A" and not just "About Me." Then you could have the students publish their sites/pages (a page is always part of a site) to their local drive. Then you could move all their pages to your machine and put them manually on the server. These "pages" would actually consist of at least two items, a file called "About Student A.html" and a folder called "About Student A_files".

If your intranet server doesn't like spaces in filenames, you need to replace these in your page names by underscores, e.g. About StudentA.

collect web projects from students and combine into one web site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.