Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get verison that matches my OS

Hi folks I have a Final Cut Pro version I bought in 2016 need to export my finished product for a TV commercial. Hd etc. It pointed me to Compressor to be able to . Then when I went to purchase it says my OS system needs to be a more up todate version. Mine is 0S X EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 I'd prefer not to update OS while i have the deadline to meet with the FCP project ? Suggestions ?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 11:42 AM

What's the computer? Might be too old to update. Maybe you have someone who has a newer computer that you could use for the application download. The current version of Compressor is compatible with High Sierra, so they don't need Mojave.

12 replies

Oct 1, 2018 12:27 PM in response to Ellen Pons

High Definition File based deliverables: (Basic Requirements.)

Video Format HD:

• 1280 x 720 Line Progressive Scan
  • 59.94 Frame Rate
  • 16 x 9 (1.78:1) Aspect Ratio

Video Format SD:

• 720 X 486 Interlaced Scan
  • 29.97 Frame Rate
  • 4:3 Aspect Ratio

(This material will be up-converted with black pillars to our in-house HD format)

Video Codecs:

• HD-XDCam 50 (4:2:2) .MXF (Op1a) (Preferred) HD
  • HD-XDCam 35 (4:2:2) .MXF (Op1a) (Preferred) HD
  • H.264 .MOV wrapper @ 25 mb/sec Minimum CBR (Accepted) HD or SD

Audio:

• Stereo: Channel 1 Left Program, Channel 2 Right Program or Dual Mono Channels 1 and 2. Uncompressed PCM
  • Sample rate: 48Khz
  • Bit Depth: 16bit min

Oct 1, 2018 11:32 AM in response to Ellen Pons

Download the Mojave installer. Install the OS on an external drive. Boot into the external drive with Mojave. Go to the App Store and purchase Compressor. Shut down the system and disconnect the external drive. Boot into El Capitan. Go to the App Store and sign in with the Apple ID used to purchase Compressor. Go to the Purchased page and install the application. It will give you the last available version for your OS.

Oct 1, 2018 12:12 PM in response to Ellen Pons

He's hasn't read the tech specs for the OS. You can't update that machine to Mojave.

That's what the rigamarole above is for so you can download an older version of the application.

Look at Episode from Telestream. It's a high quality video encode. There are a ton of lousy encoders like Wondershare. There's also Adobe Media Encoder if they're still offering that.

What exactly are you trying to encode to? What's the project you're trying to export?

how to get verison that matches my OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.