Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mi Band 3 not syncing heart rate in health app

I have a Mi Band 3 and it seems to be able to sync most of the data like distance covered and sleep tracking seamlessly with the apple health app, but there seems to be an issue of syncing heart rate readings. While manually measured readings show up on the health app, automatic readings do not show up.

(The Mi fit app has been given complete access to write data.)

Is there any fix to this?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 1, 2018 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 3:15 AM

GUYS, I'VE FOUND A SOLUTION... despite following all instructions to try to get continuous heart rate synced with Health in iOS, things didn't work for me. Mi Band 3 won't show up as a device in the "health source devices" list. The only reasonable explanation is the bluetooth version in iPhone 6 that is originally 4.0, while Mi Band uses 4.2. So if you have iPhone 6s or newer, it probably works for you.

If you are in my situation, I found a work around. Download the free app Amaz Tools. It get all your heart rate readings by the Mi Fit and will write it on Health. It's not automatic. Everytime you want to sync you need to open the app, hit sync, wait some minutes, and it will be there. It's working fine for me (the app has in app purchase to remove adds, but I'm using it without paying and I've found no restrictions nor limitations).

https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/amaztools/id1386033880?mt=8

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2019 3:15 AM in response to @8HI

GUYS, I'VE FOUND A SOLUTION... despite following all instructions to try to get continuous heart rate synced with Health in iOS, things didn't work for me. Mi Band 3 won't show up as a device in the "health source devices" list. The only reasonable explanation is the bluetooth version in iPhone 6 that is originally 4.0, while Mi Band uses 4.2. So if you have iPhone 6s or newer, it probably works for you.

If you are in my situation, I found a work around. Download the free app Amaz Tools. It get all your heart rate readings by the Mi Fit and will write it on Health. It's not automatic. Everytime you want to sync you need to open the app, hit sync, wait some minutes, and it will be there. It's working fine for me (the app has in app purchase to remove adds, but I'm using it without paying and I've found no restrictions nor limitations).

https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/amaztools/id1386033880?mt=8

Nov 28, 2018 3:25 AM in response to @8HI

Hi,

I was facing the same issue but I managed to fix it.

Kindly follow the below steps.

1. Go to Health App on your iPhone

2. Click on Heart rate

3. Select the Heart Rate again ( if you don't see any data then go to any date where heart data was recorded

4. Click on Elementary Mark

5. Data Sources and Access

6. Click on edit

7. Unselect Mi Fit

8. click on Done

Basically now your iPhone is connected to your band via Bluetooth. So it will record heart rate directly from the device instead of importing from Mi Fit app.

If above-mentioned steps are not successful then unpair the band from Bluetooth device as well from Mi-Fit app and re-pair them.

Regards,

Karan
[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Jan 8, 2019 4:25 AM in response to piezo37

Piezo37, I really don't know how you managed to do that. Tried everything. I unpaired from the app (also from the iphone), deleted MiFit app, turn off my iphone, turned it on again. Installed Mi Fit, logged into my account, paired with my MiBand 3 again, turned on discoverable and heart rate sharing, and still Mi Band won't show in Health source device as it is in your printscreen. I only have iphone there. I must be missing something. Tried it all, step by step.

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but, can you please explain exactly how you did that? Did the MiBand 3 just show up in health? Did it ask for permission?

Jan 8, 2019 7:01 PM in response to piezo37

Hey, thanks for answering. I actually did all the steps and it didn't work. Got mad enough today with this issue. I'm using iOS v12.1 and MiFit v3.5.6. However I'm using an iPhone 6. Maybe it has a different bluetooth versions. I did a quick search, and it seems that iPhone 6 was shipped with bluetooth 4.0, but with a software update it was upgraded to v4.2, however not with all functionalities. I'm really out of options. That's is the only explanation I can think of this moment. No matter how I disconnect, unpair, pair, it won't show Mi Band 3 as a device source for Apple Health. Mi Band is in the bluetooth devices, but it's not as a device on the list in the health app. Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

Mi Band 3 not syncing heart rate in health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.