Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs max alarm volume too quiet?

Hi! I just got my iphone xs max yesterday, and I set my alarm up and went to bed. I woke up very, late. And realized the volume of my alarm app is so quiet. All my volumes are at max level, the ringer and everything. Everything online is telling me to “raise the level of the volume.” But it simply doesn’t work, because it’s already at the max. It’s frustrating because I can’t hear the alarm to get up in morning. Any fixes or known solutions?

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 3:26 AM

I can confirm this, also just had a chat with Apple support and they confirmed this too.

Turning off Attention-Aware Features in Face ID brings back loud alarm sounds.

Description of Attention-Aware Features:

TrueDepth camera will check for attantion before dimming the display or lowering the volume of alerts.

[in this case alarms too so it seems]

User uploaded file

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2018 3:26 AM in response to AH7717

I can confirm this, also just had a chat with Apple support and they confirmed this too.

Turning off Attention-Aware Features in Face ID brings back loud alarm sounds.

Description of Attention-Aware Features:

TrueDepth camera will check for attantion before dimming the display or lowering the volume of alerts.

[in this case alarms too so it seems]

User uploaded file

Oct 24, 2018 7:53 PM in response to jaredjudee

I had the same issue and my husband is a life saver and just fixed it! Here’s how:

1. If the sound isn’t changing to your music choice, download the song. The alarm is only playing downloaded songs.

2. Of the volume is low and you set it as high as possible already go into settings, Face ID & passcode, turn off the attention awareness feature and turn it back on. Now it should work!! If it still doesn’t, leave it turned off and it should work.

Hope this helps!

Dec 7, 2018 2:45 PM in response to AH7717

Attention Awareness may be a new feature, but it sure messed up my ability to turn up the volume on my alarms.

Turning it on then off, and not looking at the screen to set and hear the new volume level worked, but this is not an obviously useful feature. Best for Apple to turn it off by default, so folks migrating from an older iphone don't have to spend 2 hours of searching to fix the problem!

iphone xs max alarm volume too quiet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.