Question:

Question: iPhone Xs animation and scrolling stutter

I and several other Xs owners have noted a slight stutter in scrolling and the app-closing animation after a period of inactivity. For example, if you have the screen on with an app open and just leave it alone for 10 seconds, then either start scrolling or swipe up to close the app, there's a slight stutter in the animation. It only does this after a period of inactivity, and not if you're actively scrolling and using it. It also seems to only happen when there's a static image on the screen. A couple of forum links for reference: here and here.

Mine is a SIM-free Xs, 256GB. I set mine up as a new phone and didn't restore from a backup. Rebooting didn't help.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on

Oct 3, 2018 10:33 AM in response to willdude In response to willdude

Same problem here, iphone xs 64gb.

Did a clean install several times and tried every version, 12.0 --> 12.1 beta --> 12.1 beta 2

I notice random slight stutter almost everywhere while scrolling and switching tabs, ios menus, webpages etc. It's really bad in google maps app too.

Pretty sure low-power cores need some tweaking since most of the stuttering goes away while recording the screen.

Oct 3, 2018 10:33 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Oct 4, 2018 1:50 AM in response to willdude In response to willdude

Hi,

scrolling on my xs is quite laggy too. It doesn’t matter if I’m reading news on safari, an email using google mail or scroll through the settings menu: scrolling, waiting for approximately 5 to 10 seconds, scroll again and it lags one out of two times. Funny thing is that my 6s runs absolutely smooth. I guess it’s a software issue or what do you think?

Oct 4, 2018 1:50 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 10, 2018 8:34 AM in response to alisex747 In response to alisex747

I returned my iPhone Xs yesterday after the replacement device I received beforehand had the same issue. I really think it is a software issue but as long as this issue is not addressed I will stick to my 6s which runs smoothly.

Oct 10, 2018 8:34 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: willdude

Question: iPhone Xs animation and scrolling stutter