Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message on Photos app

Since I got my iMac 2 months ago I have not been able to open the app Photos that comes with it. I get an error message saying it it is unable to repair the app.

My iMac has the latest operating system, Version 10.14, 8gb ram, and 1tb of storage with about 750gb available.

Apple support was unable to help me. Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ron

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 8:19 AM

Can you launch Photos at all, if you hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos? Keep holding down the key until the library chooser dialog appears. Select to craete a new library. Can Photos work with a new, empty library?

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 3, 2018 8:46 AM in response to rafaria

If you no have a new, empty Photos Library, open the "Photos > Preferences > General" and click "Use as System Photo Library". The option should be grayed out to show, that this library is your system Photo Library.

Then switch to the iCloud tab: "Photos > Preferences > iCloud" and enable "iCloud Photo Library". Your photos should start to download to your new library. You may need to remove the older library to a backup drive to have enoough free storage to download your photos to the new library.

Error message on Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.