Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do if water is underneath your screen

I was taking a shower with my phone on the sink listening to music and when I got out I saw small droplets of water on my screen so I wiped them off and turned on my iPhone SE when I noticed that the screen was brighter on the lower right corner and it proceeded to expand until almost my entire screen was brighter I do not know what it was. I admittedly used my phone to search for what to do. I then powered off my phone and covered it in rice. I do not know how to remove the battery or SIM card so I did not attempt to remove it for fear of damaging my phone even more. I was wondering if the rice would help and if so how long should I keep it there? I have heard different people saying to not soak it in rice or to soak it in rice for 24 or 48 hours. I would like to know if I am causing damage to my phone and what to do?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 1:48 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 3, 2018 3:21 AM in response to Jasmine.Y

*Update I have since removed the phone from the rice. I have laid the phone on a towel since I did not know what to do. I have also removed the sim card and looked at the water damage indicator which was white/silver, so I do not know if that means it would be safe for me to turn it on and use it. I have been researching what to do and most sites say to take it to a repair shop within a certain amount of time. Is there any way to save it without doing that, and if not how long can I wait to go to one.

What to do if water is underneath your screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.