Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave can't connect to a WiFi with WPA2 Enterpreise

Hi,

I upgraded my Mac OS X to Mojave and my iPhone X to ios12, since then I can't connect to my school network with WPA2 Enterprise with both devices( Mac and iPhone)...the erros pop's up with "Can't connect to wifi. Contact the IT administrator"... anyone with the same problem?

Regards,

Pedro

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 7:50 AM

Greetings, Pedro.

I see that, since upgrading your iPhone X to iOS 12 and your MacBook Pro to macOS Mojave, neither device is able to connect to your school's Wi-Fi network. I'm happy to help.

Here are the articles you need. One for your iPhone, one for your Mac:

Take care!

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 7:50 AM in response to p3dr0_Ca5tr0

Greetings, Pedro.

I see that, since upgrading your iPhone X to iOS 12 and your MacBook Pro to macOS Mojave, neither device is able to connect to your school's Wi-Fi network. I'm happy to help.

Here are the articles you need. One for your iPhone, one for your Mac:

Take care!

Oct 4, 2018 11:33 AM in response to p3dr0_Ca5tr0

It's odd that both devices can't connect to the Wi-Fi. My own Wi-Fi issues on my 2015 Macbook pro were solved with this here:

Reboot the Macbook, while starting press the key combination: Option + Command + R + P. You should hear the a sound twice while you see the Apple logo. If so, release the keys and login like always. All Wi-Fi networks should be working again 🙂

Oct 31, 2018 3:26 AM in response to p3dr0_Ca5tr0

Hello.

I have the same problem with the Mojave 10.14 with wifi on the public (school) networks and have to downgrade to the High Sierra. (with the High Sierra in two schools networks lets install the certificate).

With the new version 10.14.1 will wifi works? In my case I always have an error and asked to contact the Administrator ...
Thanks

Nov 9, 2018 7:57 PM in response to p3dr0_Ca5tr0

I have had this same issue at work. I upgraded to Mojave, attempt to log in with Active Directory credentials, and it fails to authenticate, in turn fails to connect to our WPA2 Enterprise WIFI. I contacted my admin, they said to downgrade back to High Sierra, so I did, and was able to authenticate and connect to our WIFI. Is there something blocking authentication through WPA2 Enterprise networks? or is there something else I should be trying? I have already tried some of the other suggestions. Resetting the P Ram didn't make a difference. It just seems to work with High Sierra, but something about Mojave has changed the way it reacts to WPA2 Enterprise networks.

Nov 14, 2018 9:32 AM in response to p3dr0_Ca5tr0

Hello,

I had the same issue to connect to a WPA2 Entreprise wifi (with a certificate) and Mojave .

The solution has been to change the locale of the os (😮 yes, i know!).

Steps :

- Go to Preferences -> Language & Région -> Add a new language (with the + icon) (be sure to put a language that you understand, as your os will then be set in that language)

- Make it the default one

- You should be asked to restart the mac.

- After the restart follow the standard procedure to connect to the wifi, it should work know...

Hoping it solves the problem for you too.

Dec 6, 2018 4:02 AM in response to Jkim005

Jkim,

I haven't had success getting iOS devices on the WPA2 Enterprise either. Some forums are stating it is a Certificate issue. Something in the newer Mac OSX and iOS is not liking the certificates. Since the majority of our company are on Android and Windows clients (and are all up and connected), the Admins do not believe there is anything wrong with WIFI. If you get anywhere with it, please let me know.

Dec 6, 2018 4:03 AM in response to Jkim005

Jkim,

I haven't had success getting iOS devices on the WPA2 Enterprise either. Some forums are stating it is a Certificate issue. Something in the newer Mac OSX and iOS is not liking the certificates. Since the majority of our company are on Android and Windows clients (and are all up and connected), the Admins do not believe there is anything wrong with WIFI. If you get anywhere with it, please let me know.

Dec 6, 2018 4:03 AM in response to Jkim005

Jkim,

Dec 18, 2018 10:17 AM in response to miketaxa

If this problem is as widespread as it appears to be - I live in the United Kingdom, and I’ve seen inputs to this discussion thread by friends from the United States, Portugal, etc. - then I gues it’s for Apple to look into this global problem with Mojave Version 10.41.2 and resolve the issues identified.

This problem is impacting my ability to work, which impacts my income streams.

Oh, and I’m not using a public network, Government or otherwise, so I don’t think this is a problem with certifications, but operability of the iOS system and package itself.

I hope this get sorted soon. I don’t want to have to resort to using a laptop run on a differnet operation system as I have been many years committed to Apple products, but this is becoming wearing.

Jan 4, 2019 6:55 AM in response to miketaxa

No meu agrupamento há duas escolas com configurações idênticas em termos de WiFi. Na escola pequena funciona tanto o MacBook como o iPhone e o iPad. Na escola maior nem sequer recebo indicação de que o certificado está expirado. Equipamentos Apple não conseguem autenticar-se, mas antes conseguiam. No caso do iPad nem sequer foi alteração de sistema, porque é um iPad 2 e já não tem atualizações desde o 9. Mas por outro lado continuo a conseguir autenticar com Windows 10 ou Android.

Jan 4, 2019 7:21 AM in response to jfilipemo

Isto está a ficar muito estranho.

O meu problema inicial foi com o Mojave que depois de atualizar não conseguia autenticar. Dai ter baixado para o H. Sierra.

Agora no iPhone depois de atualizar para o 12.1.2 a bateria drenava muito rápido. Na pausa letiva baixei o ipsw do 12.1 e atualizei . Resultado: hoje num dos agrupamento não consigo wifi no iPhone...

Mojave can't connect to a WiFi with WPA2 Enterpreise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.