Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did the hidden folder of photos go?

I updated my iOS to 12 and now I can’t locate my ‘hidden’ folder of photos. Before I did this update I was able to go to Photos then Albums then I could access the HIDDEN folder but now it’s gone. I have an iphone 10X

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 9:26 AM

Hi Jdishd2d,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you're not finding your Hidden photo album in iOS 12.

The Hidden photo album should be in the location you described, detailed in the article Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac :

Unhide your photos

You can unhide your photos and videos and see them again in your Moments, Years, and Collections when you follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Tap the Hidden album.
  3. Select the photo or video that you want to unhide.
  4. Tap User uploaded file > Unhide.

On your Mac:

1. Open Photos and in the menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Photo Album.
  2. Open Albums view, then open the Hidden Photos Album.
  4. Control-click the photo.
  5. Click Unhide Photo.

Once you're in your Photos > Albums view, you'd scroll to the "Other Albums" section at the very bottom, and you should find it there along with Imports and Recently Deleted.

If you don't see the Hidden album there, it may be worth checking to see if the same thing occurs from a Mac, if you have one available. If you do, you can check for a Hidden album using the Mac steps above. Seeing if the same behavior occurs there would help narrow things down if possible.

I hope this helps.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 9:26 AM in response to Jdishd2d

Hi Jdishd2d,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you're not finding your Hidden photo album in iOS 12.

The Hidden photo album should be in the location you described, detailed in the article Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac :

Unhide your photos

You can unhide your photos and videos and see them again in your Moments, Years, and Collections when you follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Tap the Hidden album.
  4. Tap User uploaded file > Unhide.

On your Mac:

1. Open Photos and in the menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Photo Album.
  2. Open Albums view, then open the Hidden Photos Album.
  4. Control-click the photo.
  5. Click Unhide Photo.

Once you're in your Photos > Albums view, you'd scroll to the "Other Albums" section at the very bottom, and you should find it there along with Imports and Recently Deleted.

If you don't see the Hidden album there, it may be worth checking to see if the same thing occurs from a Mac, if you have one available. If you do, you can check for a Hidden album using the Mac steps above. Seeing if the same behavior occurs there would help narrow things down if possible.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Where did the hidden folder of photos go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.