Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How big is IOS 12

No link here or in google says how big the download image is. It downloaded automatically when everything was set to 'no auto'. Thanks Apple, you blew my Verizon data usage for the month costing me real money.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 10:16 AM

The size will vary by model. A bit of searching around suggests the file for your model was 2.7Gb. I've no idea why the download would have drawn down over cellular data at all, let alone without you asking. 😕

tt2

3 replies

Oct 4, 2018 11:42 AM in response to turingtest2

thx for the number. The 'flaw' in Apple's thinking, which I'm sad to say Windows has figured out,, is that links other than cellular may be data limited. Apple has no way of identifying those links to limit/inhibit costly downloads. Windows has a 'metered connection' attribute to stop this. In may case, home wireless goes over a Verizon cell card with severe data limits. Devices attaching to wireless cannot detect that. Without a way to tell the device, I'm screwed. This is not the first time and doubt it will be the last, unless our town's fibre network actually gets completed.

How big is IOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.