Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DIFFERENT COUNTRIES CELLULAR NETWORK

As a UK Resident, will a GPS-Cellular Apple Watch 4 purchased from the USA still work in the UK?

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 1:25 PM

As the watch has to be able to connect to the network, which in the UK is either EE or Vodafone, no you will not be able to buy the phone from the US, but you can buy it from Apple, online that is, as they will send one corresponding to the country you live in. Different models for different countries , which you can find on Apple website somewhere.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 1:25 PM in response to acprinting

As the watch has to be able to connect to the network, which in the UK is either EE or Vodafone, no you will not be able to buy the phone from the US, but you can buy it from Apple, online that is, as they will send one corresponding to the country you live in. Different models for different countries , which you can find on Apple website somewhere.

Oct 4, 2018 1:02 PM in response to Schockwave

@Schockwave your response is confusing and contradictory. Please be aware Apple‘s online store is nationally coupled, and will sell only to residents (have card billing address in country) for delivery within the country to which it is allocated.

For your information, the regional models and network support are documented at https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

Oct 4, 2018 2:32 PM in response to Branta_uk

@Branta_uk, Yes, but I read the OP’s question as if he wanted to go to America and buy it from there, as some people do travel and think they can then buy it in another country believing the watch will work with the network in the uk once in the uk and I also gave the same link that you have given, if you were to check it, I had already seen that last week when it was posted for someone else, by the way.

Oct 4, 2018 3:50 PM in response to Schockwave

Yes, just pointing out to you that there was potential confusion in the way you mentioned online stores. I was responding from my phone so I missed your link on the small screen, sorry about that. And also yes, I’m getting exhausted by all the overseas buyers trying to get a cheaper but only half functional device from USA, or wanting to buy cellular when cellular is not supported in their home country. Feel free to join the regular posters pointing out the facts, all help is welcome here.

Oct 4, 2018 3:59 PM in response to Branta_uk

That is ok @Branta_uk, I agree with you there, the same goes for the phone, people want to get them cheaper from other countries and hope they work the same. I do a lot of posting in the EE forum and am one of the community stars there, and some of the queries you get, well beggars belief, as some of them can only be answered by customer service for instance. People also do not read their terms and conditions!!!

DIFFERENT COUNTRIES CELLULAR NETWORK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.