Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased iTunes album wont download

I paid for an album I can’t play - it’s not in my Music app but I can see it under my purchased iTunes app. I click download and it keeps going back to the cloud symbol. I’ve tried apple chat twice with no luck! I have room on I’m iCloud so no problem there.User uploaded file Help! I’ve added screenshot.

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 9:19 PM

Yes, you have plenty of space on your device as well. You can try the following to see if it helps:

1. Try signing out of the iTunes & App Store and then back in again - Settings>your name>iTunes & App Store - tap on your Apple ID, then Sign Out. Then sign back in again and try the download again.

2. If that doesn't help, try resetting your device:

• On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for up to 30 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for up to 30 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Once you see the Lock Screen, go back to see if you can now download the album.

Best,

GB

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 9:19 PM in response to jenniefromyeoblock

Yes, you have plenty of space on your device as well. You can try the following to see if it helps:

1. Try signing out of the iTunes & App Store and then back in again - Settings>your name>iTunes & App Store - tap on your Apple ID, then Sign Out. Then sign back in again and try the download again.

2. If that doesn't help, try resetting your device:

• On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for up to 30 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for up to 30 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Once you see the Lock Screen, go back to see if you can now download the album.

Best,

GB

Oct 5, 2018 12:10 PM in response to gail from maine

My second “Years & Years” album I found within the first Years & Years album had purchased a while ago. I clicked on the first album and scrolled down to “More by {Artist} and my purchased album was ther and playable.

With my song (Drake) I have the same problem; pressing download but the cloud reappears but with this song I find it under MyMusic app but it won’t let me play it as it says I need the MyMusic plan which I no longer subscribe to :/

Oct 5, 2018 5:12 AM in response to gail from maine

Thank you, although it still didn’t work :(

I will have to resign myself to the fact I have lost money on a purchase, but I am now reluctant to purchase anything else!

Could it be that I had a MyMusic subscription which I chose not to renew? That shouldn’t affect purchases?

This makes me want to go back to buying CDs!!

Oct 5, 2018 7:21 AM in response to jenniefromyeoblock

OK, I just tried downloading a purchased album in the iTunes app by tapping on the album, and it downloaded one of the three purchased songs that I had for that album.

Go to your Music app, and click on Albums and find the album there. Then click on the individual songs (start with clicking on only one of them) to see if they will download via that route. If the first song downloads successfully, tap the cloud on the remaining songs and see if you can get it downloaded.

You haven't lost your purchase. We just have to figure out how to get it on your device.

Best,

GB

Oct 6, 2018 1:57 PM in response to jenniefromyeoblock

OK, that is just called the Music app, so that is why I was confused. But then you indicated that you tried to play it, and it said you needed "MyMusic plan" which you no longer subscribe to. So, again, do you mean Apple Music? If so, and you are getting that message, it implies that you have not actually purchased that song.

If you go to the iTunes Store app, and click on More>Purchased>Music, and you cannot find the song listed there, then you have not purchased it. You would have to purchase it in order to play it. Music downloaded for Apple Music is not accessible once your subscription lapses.

Best,

GB

Oct 6, 2018 7:39 PM in response to jenniefromyeoblock

The second screenshot shows that the Album is downloaded, but the song is showing as "Downloading". Have you looked in your Music app to see if the song shows up there? Can you try deleting it if you can find the individual song (even if it is still showing the cloud), to see if you can then re-download it from your Purchases?

Best,

GB

Purchased iTunes album wont download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.