Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User vanishes in System preferences- Screen Sharing

I have a iMAC 2012 running Mojave. I regularly used back to my mac to connect machines. Since Mojave no longer supports back to my mac I have setup a new system (Screens 4). This requires System preference (Sharing) changes, specifically the “screen sharing” and “remote login” to have the user added to the option. What is strange is when I add my user name to both of these items in System Preference (Sharing) and than I exit screen System Preference they vanish. That is when I reopen System Prefernece- Sharing- and look at either Screen Sharing or Remote Login my user name is NOT there anymore. As a side note on my other Macs I do NOT have this problem so it is specific to this MAC. I also reloaded Mojave onto the MAC 2012 and still experience the same issue. Last piece of information, a couple of years ago I had a conflict with user names/computer names and my fear is this has propagated to where I am now. Anyone have suggestions on what to do to fix this??

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 8:36 AM

There are no replies.

User vanishes in System preferences- Screen Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.