You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you find the creation date of a reminder

I am looking to find the creation date of a reminder for a legal matter. Can anyone help? I am on a MacBook (iPhone & iPad as well) with latest OS. Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 5:10 PM

Yes.

I have a sample Reminder list that looks like this:

User uploaded file

I can display the name and creation date of each reminder item above using AppleScript. That pop-up display looks like the following:

User uploaded file

The first thing that the script does is open the Reminders application and then presents an entry window to enter the Reminder list name. In my example above, that would be RemList. Once that entry is accepted, it immediately presents the above dialog with the results. This script does not alter your Reminder content.

How to implement

1. Dock : Launchpad : Other : Script Editor
  2. Copy/paste the following AppleScript into the Script Editor
    1. Click the hammer icon (compile) to confirm there are no errors in the copy/paste process.
    2. Click the Run button.
    3. You can click the File menu : Save… or option key File menu : Save As… buttons and choose File format as Text to save the script to a file with .applescript extension, or any of the other File Formats for a double-clicked application which will be saved with extensions .scpt, .scptd, or .app depending on your choice.

Source (copy/paste below this line

--------

-- reminder_creation.applescript

-- Tested on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

-- For a given reminder list, get the name and creation date of each reminder item

-- format, and display it.

use scripting additions

set rnames to {}

set cdates to {}

set fmt to ""

tell application "Reminders"

launch

try

set theRemList to text returned of (display dialog "Enter the Reminder list name" default answer "" with icon note)

on error errmsg number errnbr

if errnbr is equal to -128 then

display alert "User cancelled... ending." giving up after 10

end if

return

end try

set {rnames, cdates} to {name, creation date} of every reminder of list theRemList

end tell

-- Simultaneously loop through reminder name and creation date lists

-- and display the reminder name with its creation date

repeat with i from 1 to number of items in rnames

set fmt to fmt & (item i of rnames) & " : " & (item i of cdates) & return

end repeat

tell application "System Events"

display dialog fmt as text with title "Reminder Items Creation Dates"

end tell

return

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2018 5:10 PM in response to ccgreen

Yes.

I have a sample Reminder list that looks like this:

User uploaded file

I can display the name and creation date of each reminder item above using AppleScript. That pop-up display looks like the following:

User uploaded file

The first thing that the script does is open the Reminders application and then presents an entry window to enter the Reminder list name. In my example above, that would be RemList. Once that entry is accepted, it immediately presents the above dialog with the results. This script does not alter your Reminder content.

How to implement

1. Dock : Launchpad : Other : Script Editor
  2. Copy/paste the following AppleScript into the Script Editor
    1. Click the hammer icon (compile) to confirm there are no errors in the copy/paste process.
    2. Click the Run button.
    3. You can click the File menu : Save… or option key File menu : Save As… buttons and choose File format as Text to save the script to a file with .applescript extension, or any of the other File Formats for a double-clicked application which will be saved with extensions .scpt, .scptd, or .app depending on your choice.

Source (copy/paste below this line

--------

-- reminder_creation.applescript

-- Tested on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

-- For a given reminder list, get the name and creation date of each reminder item

-- format, and display it.

use scripting additions

set rnames to {}

set cdates to {}

set fmt to ""

tell application "Reminders"

launch

try

set theRemList to text returned of (display dialog "Enter the Reminder list name" default answer "" with icon note)

on error errmsg number errnbr

if errnbr is equal to -128 then

display alert "User cancelled... ending." giving up after 10

end if

return

end try

set {rnames, cdates} to {name, creation date} of every reminder of list theRemList

end tell

-- Simultaneously loop through reminder name and creation date lists

-- and display the reminder name with its creation date

repeat with i from 1 to number of items in rnames

set fmt to fmt & (item i of rnames) & " : " & (item i of cdates) & return

end repeat

tell application "System Events"

display dialog fmt as text with title "Reminder Items Creation Dates"

end tell

return

Can you find the creation date of a reminder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.