Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing iPhoto Library

Partner and I have just come back from OS trip and want to organise a whole bunch of photos on two iPhones, both now iOS 12. I have noticed that if I connect them to my iMac, I can't mass-select and delete photos off the iPhones. It appears I have to open the iPhoto app and then select each photo I want to delete individually.

Do I really have to do this 1,234 times to tidy up the library? Is there any kind of mass delete or file management utility in iPhoto?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), Upgraded to Sierra

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 1:41 PM

Connect the phone and launch IC.

Does it list all the images on the phone? If so, select the ones you want to delete and delete them.

If it doesn't allow this, then the iCloud Photo Library is enabled somewhere.

8 replies

Oct 5, 2018 10:47 PM in response to Yer_Man

Well - if I connect the iPhone to my PowerBook, and view the photos on the device, there is no control there to delete photos either singly or en masse - unless I'm not seeing it. (iPhoto 9.6.1 on the Mac.)

So, I went back to the Photo app on the iPhone and started there. That's when I realised that I have to delete photos one-at-a-time - again, unless there's something I'm not seeing.

Managing iPhoto Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.