Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the delete key on old Apple M2452 keyboard?

Hello

I bought this old M2452 keyboard instead of the new ones, and I really like it. There is no delete and no fn key, is there an option for delete key?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 9:18 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2018 9:10 AM in response to gaborfromhebertshausen

Welcome!

Apple sold localized keyboards with different keycaps for different regions. Example: The US version has "DELETE" written on it whereas the UK version simply has a long, left-pointing arrow on the same key.

In addition to the model number, there may be an "order number" printed in the same location as the model number. It will also probably start with "M" but with the following format:

M7696LL/A

The trailing alpha characters (the capital L and A) and the slash [/] are characteristic of order numbers. You may be able to determine the localization by searching by the order number if you find it.

If you post an image, that might help us—it has been a LONG time since I have used an early Mac USB keyboard!

Oct 15, 2018 9:44 PM in response to gaborfromhebertshausen

I'm surprised to see this only 1-2 wks after being posted.

I too, just started using a M2452. Works near flawlessly with my mid 2012 macbook pro. Except the missing function key is still a mystery to me. I still have an answer for you on Del.

In order to Del, as you say, the command is ^+d [in other words, hold Control and press the "D" key] in order to delete in front of the cursor. Its a pretty easy motion to get used to. It's akin to throwing up the horns with your left hand ^m^_

I love this little keyboard, mine is pink and white. Sadly the power key only works with Macs.

Happy typing fam

Oct 16, 2018 12:08 PM in response to djeggo

Thank you very much for your help!!

I thought that there is no option for that.

The thing why I ask this question is, that I want to delete an email adress on the login screen, for example on the FB. On windows you can make it with the shift+delete combo. I try on my mac with ctrl+shift+d, but it dont work :(. Any suggestion for that?

Where is the delete key on old Apple M2452 keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.