Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth stopped working on iOS 12

The Bluetooth stopped working on my iPhone 7 when I updated to iOS 12. I restarted it, but that didn’t fix it. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 1:25 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2018 11:30 AM in response to Goodfored

Hi Goodfored,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with Bluetooth since updating to iOS 12. Let's work together to find a fix.

When you say Bluetooth has stopped working, is the setting for Bluetooth gray or otherwise unable to be enabled in Settings?

If that's the case, you'll want to contact Apple Support here:
Contact - Official Apple Support

If you're having trouble with Bluetooth connecting, let's make sure your iOS software is up-to-date and try following the steps to connect a Bluetooth accessory:
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Oct 12, 2018 6:44 PM in response to KiltedTim

Hi Tim just updated to iOS 12.0.1 on IPad and it seems as though the apple to apple connection is there for bluetooth. But if I try to connect to a third party device that I have previously had connected to the iPad, it doesn’t recognise the device. I have reset and tried for about the last hour. Any ideas or does Apple still have some sissies to sort out?

Bluetooth stopped working on iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.