Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List View for Collections

I already have a large library, divided into collections. Can I or how do I view those collections as a list? Most of my ‘Books’ are genealogy and craft pdfs I have downloaded into iBook as pdfs using the Safari feature, ‘create pdf’.

They are named so they show up in a particular order in their collection: by family/generation for the genealogy (ie Smith 4, Smith 3, etc.; or by craft name/type (sew child shirt1 pattern, sew child shirt1 instructions).

I have hundreds of files that are now all scrambled up.

The master list, which I hate by the way, can be shown in list view and sorted alphabetically. Can the Collections? If not, years of research are pretty much wasted, and what was a great tool is no longer useful.

The master list is redundant and mixes my files with purchased books. It’s rather like when a student dumped an entire drawer of an old card catalog on my desk and said, “You find it. I’m tired of looking.”

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 3:36 PM

This is clearly a bug introduced in the new iOS 12.0.1.

The button to sort does not appear until you have scrolled all the way to the bottom of the gallery (grid) with the ridiculously large book covers (367 covers, in my case!), then scrolled all the way back to the top. Until you do that, you are prevented from seeing a list view, and the sort capability is nowhere in sight.

This is not good UI.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2018 3:36 PM in response to picas

This is clearly a bug introduced in the new iOS 12.0.1.

The button to sort does not appear until you have scrolled all the way to the bottom of the gallery (grid) with the ridiculously large book covers (367 covers, in my case!), then scrolled all the way back to the top. Until you do that, you are prevented from seeing a list view, and the sort capability is nowhere in sight.

This is not good UI.

List View for Collections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.