Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Siri suggestion” won’t turn off?

My iPhone X (fully updated) has had the song “take on me” show up every time I view music on the lock screen or control center. It’s very annoying as if I even pause one of my podcasts for one second, it just displays “take on me” in the control center. It says “Siri suggestion”. Also, if I press play, it does not play but instead greys out. How can I fix this?

Posted on Oct 6, 2018 5:34 PM

13 replies

Oct 8, 2018 11:38 AM in response to Gcambron

Hello Gcambron,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you would like to prevent Siri from suggesting a song when using the Music app on your iPhone X. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

The following support article will walk you through how you can turn off Siri & Suggestions specifically for the Music app:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, use the steps in this section:

Change search settings

You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. To do this:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
  2. Scroll down and select an app.
  3. Then tap Search, Suggestions, & Shortcuts to allow or prevent results and shortcut suggestions from showing up. When you turn this feature off, you'll have the option to select Show App. Turn this off to prevent the app from appearing in your search results.

You can also use Allow on Lock Screen to prevent an app from appearing on the Lock screen as a Siri suggestion. Learn more about Siri suggestions.

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2019 6:27 PM in response to Gcambron

My iPhone X (Fully updated). Every time I push the power button and wake it up the first thing I see is a siri suggestion to "play sweet emotion by aerosmith". A fine suggestion, even a totally kick *** one, but I'd rather see the pic of my kid I have as my wallpaper. I've tried everything suggested here. Powercycling, settings, siri, unclicking siri suggestions, power cycling again, killed a chicken, bathed the phone in its blood, nothing is working. Sweet Emotion window for siri suggestions keeps popping up. I'm filled with hatred for my phone.

“Siri suggestion” won’t turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.