Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing in different countries

I paid for family sharing because I have 2 in France, 1 in England and I leave in Luxembourg. Now I upgraded but it says I can’t share if the store isn’t the same... why not ? And is there a way to change this? Otherwise a way to downgrade

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Hi vanessalux,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that you have a question about Family Sharing with devices in multiple regions.

The message you're seeing sounds correct based on the information in the article titled Set up Family Sharing . From the article:

Get help

Get help if you don't see your family's shared content. To share purchased content, you need to turn on Share My Purchases and use the iTunes Store in the same country or region as your family members.

Regarding downgrading your storage, this great resource will walk you through the process if you decide that's how you'd like to proceed. You'll find the steps in the article titled Downgrade your iCloud storage . There are a few points to keep in mind about downgrading:

What happens when you decrease your storage plan

When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.*

If you downgrade or cancel your plan and your stored iCloud content exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos don’t upload to iCloud Photos, files don't upload in iCloud Drive, Messages in iCloud don't update, and your iOS devices don't back up. Learn how to manage your storage by deleting the information that you don't need anymore.

If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage.

Then, depending on which device you're using currently, you can use these steps to change your storage plan:

Downgrade your iCloud storage from any device

You can decrease your iCloud storage plan from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. Just follow these quick steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
  2. Tap Change Storage Plan.
  3. Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Choose a different plan.
  5. Tap Done.

On your Mac

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage in the lower-right corner.
  3. Click Change Storage Plan in the upper-right corner.
  4. Click Downgrade Options.
  5. Enter your Apple ID password, then click Manage.
  6. Choose a different plan.
  7. Click Done.

On your Windows PC

1. Open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Storage.
  3. Click Change Storage Plan.
  7. Click Done.

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 1:32 PM in response to vanessalux

Hi vanessalux,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that you have a question about Family Sharing with devices in multiple regions.

The message you're seeing sounds correct based on the information in the article titled Set up Family Sharing . From the article:

Get help

Get help if you don't see your family's shared content. To share purchased content, you need to turn on Share My Purchases and use the iTunes Store in the same country or region as your family members.

Regarding downgrading your storage, this great resource will walk you through the process if you decide that's how you'd like to proceed. You'll find the steps in the article titled Downgrade your iCloud storage . There are a few points to keep in mind about downgrading:

What happens when you decrease your storage plan

When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.*

If you downgrade or cancel your plan and your stored iCloud content exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos don’t upload to iCloud Photos, files don't upload in iCloud Drive, Messages in iCloud don't update, and your iOS devices don't back up. Learn how to manage your storage by deleting the information that you don't need anymore.

If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage.

Then, depending on which device you're using currently, you can use these steps to change your storage plan:

Downgrade your iCloud storage from any device

You can decrease your iCloud storage plan from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. Just follow these quick steps.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
  2. Tap Change Storage Plan.
  3. Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Choose a different plan.
  5. Tap Done.

On your Mac

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage in the lower-right corner.
  3. Click Change Storage Plan in the upper-right corner.
  7. Click Done.

On your Windows PC

1. Open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Storage.
  3. Click Change Storage Plan.
  7. Click Done.

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Take care.

Family sharing in different countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.