Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is the new iOS 12 update not updating on iPhone 6?

I have been trying to update my iPhone 6 with new iOS12 for 3 days. It will not take and update. First it kept on kicking me out stating no wifi which is not true. I was home and wifi was fine.

Then it told me it needed more space. So I deleted so many items off my phone now and have enough space to update.

Tried again today and will not allow. I have enough space

What do I do?User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 8:01 AM

You can think you have enough space, but when iOS is installing on a device needs to make some operations related to data, apps, settings, and so on. That procedure needs more space.

thy this:

Make a full backup of you device, then restore your iP6 from that backup (your free space could be increased).

If you have no improvements, update your iphone connecting it to a computer using the latest iTunes version.

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or make an appointment at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will help you.

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2018 8:01 AM in response to jr13160

You can think you have enough space, but when iOS is installing on a device needs to make some operations related to data, apps, settings, and so on. That procedure needs more space.

thy this:

Make a full backup of you device, then restore your iP6 from that backup (your free space could be increased).

If you have no improvements, update your iphone connecting it to a computer using the latest iTunes version.

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or make an appointment at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will help you.

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

why is the new iOS 12 update not updating on iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.