Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed my subscription to Apple Music from student’s one to a family one. The ‘creator’ of the family pays 8$ each month but I still receive notifications to update my payment information and so I can not download music

I can not download music because Apple Music demands my payment for it even though I am a part of a family and I’m not supposed to be charged and fee

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 12:18 AM

Each Apple ID needs to have correct billing information, even if the default payment option is set to ‘None’. If there are issues with (back) payments or blocked cards, then that has to be resolved in order to resume service. You will need to update your payment information. The fact that you now are part of a Family Sharing group doesn’t change that.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Check your subscription information to verify that the Student subscription has indeed been canceled now that you joined the Family Sharing group. It should be automatic (last day listed), but it is good to verify. View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 12:18 AM in response to anastasiya274

Each Apple ID needs to have correct billing information, even if the default payment option is set to ‘None’. If there are issues with (back) payments or blocked cards, then that has to be resolved in order to resume service. You will need to update your payment information. The fact that you now are part of a Family Sharing group doesn’t change that.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Check your subscription information to verify that the Student subscription has indeed been canceled now that you joined the Family Sharing group. It should be automatic (last day listed), but it is good to verify. View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

I have changed my subscription to Apple Music from student’s one to a family one. The ‘creator’ of the family pays 8$ each month but I still receive notifications to update my payment information and so I can not download music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.