Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Quicken 2007 run on Mojave?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 4:40 AM

Thanks for that. I tried Quicken Essentials a while back and did not like it compared to 07, so I was happy to learn from Intuit that they did have an updated version at that time to run on the latest OS at that time.

Regardless, I am planning on buying a newer iMac and it does run on Mojave, so sooner or later, I'll have to move on from 07.

Thanks again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2018 4:40 AM in response to lkrupp

Thanks for that. I tried Quicken Essentials a while back and did not like it compared to 07, so I was happy to learn from Intuit that they did have an updated version at that time to run on the latest OS at that time.

Regardless, I am planning on buying a newer iMac and it does run on Mojave, so sooner or later, I'll have to move on from 07.

Thanks again.

Oct 7, 2018 7:33 PM in response to bobfromnorth battleford

I have moved on from Quicken 2007 to the latest subscription version but I still have Quicken 2007 installed on my iMac now running Mojave. So I can tell you it does launch and appears to be okay but Quicken 2007 is no longer supported and is now 11 years old and Mojave does not guarantee full support of 32 bit apps. There is no confirmation that Quicken 2007 can handle APFS formatted volumes either. Mojave is also the last macOS version that will run 32 bit applications so sticking with Quicken 2007 is risky at best. Do you want to risk your financial data with an 11 year old piece of software that could stop working at any time with any update. If you have no intention of upgrading Quicken 2007 then I would strongly recommend that you just stay on the version of macOS you are now running. Your profile says you are running El Capitan. Is that correct?

Oct 8, 2018 2:49 PM in response to bobfromnorth battleford

I need to bring you up to date about Quicken. Intuit sold Quicken two years ago to a private equity group who announced they were going to continue to develop and improve Quicken for Windows and Mac. They then proceeded to more than double their Mac engineering team. The most recent version of Quicken (no more Quicken 2017 or Quicken 2018, just Quicken) is a subscription model in that you get continuous updates during the subscription period. The new Quicken is a vastly improved product from the now ancient Quicken Essentials which was an embarrassment. I find the Mac version to be pretty much on a par with the Windows version now.

So Intuit no longer owns or develops Quicken but Intuit did keep Quickbooks and many are confused that the two products are no longer related at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.