Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an App Store Gift Card towards my purchase of a MacBook Pro?

If I have an Apple App Store gift card, can I use that card towards the purchase of a MacBook Pro computer or an iPhone?

Thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3, macOS High Sierra

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 5:43 PM

No, that gift card is only good in the iTues associated stores.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14;  Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12;  Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies

Oct 7, 2018 8:26 PM in response to Robert Stephens

From the Apple Gift card page;

Gift Cards - Apple

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards are solely for the purchase of goods and services on the iTunes Store, Apple Books, Apple Music, and the App Store.

Give them an Apple Store Gift Card and they can get Apple hardware and accessories at any Apple Store, at Apple.com, or by calling 1‑800‑MY‑APPLE.

Two completely different gift cards made for two completely different and specific uses. Don't want to believe me, test it, go online to apple.com and try to buy hardware by redeeming an App Store gift card.

Can I use an App Store Gift Card towards my purchase of a MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.