Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes cannot find tracks after move to different Macbook Air.

Some time ago I spilled beer on my keyboard and although my Macbook air worked it was slow and the drive was constantly whirring. I bought a second hand Macbook air and did a transfer. All ok but I found that when I went into Itunes it could not find the tracks of my 4000 plus songs on various LPs most of which were uploaded from CD years ago.

Now I can individually locate the songs and then its fixed but this takes about 40 seconds of going through levels of files then finding the artist then song. I have fixed about 200 songs this way. But 4500 is a lot of time.

I have done all of the things on mentioned such as ensuring Itunes media folder location is correct ie mine is /Users/Benn/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music and have replaced the itl. itunes library file to a previous version.

A friend suggested saving all the songs to a hard drive then reinstalling itunes, but I am not sure how to do this or whether it would work. I obviously do not want to do something that would lose 4500 tracks.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:15 AM

Did you already check this article?

If you don't see your entire library after you update iTunes on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Adding the songs again to your iTunes library might also work, in case of duplicate files, check this:

Find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 9, 2018 2:11 AM in response to bmrozek

Your media folder location ought to be /Users/Benn/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media without the trailing /Music. iTunes adds a media kind folder into the path. See Make a split library portable for more on the default layout of an iTunes library. Get the layout right and iTunes should either work OK, or if you fix one broken link it should be able to repair all of the others.

tt2

Itunes cannot find tracks after move to different Macbook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.