Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I rearrange my movie collections?

I would like to get my Harry Potter movies to display in numerical order. It's now listed as: 2, 7/1, 7/2, 4.6.5.3 and 1. Naturally, I would like them listed 1 - 7/2. I've tried sorting by year, but that just changes the order of every single movie I have, and that order can't be right either because For A Few Dollars More is listed before A Fist Full of Dollars, which makes no sense. A Fist Full was published in 1964, but iTunes has its publication date as 2008...for whatever reason.

Nevertheless, I don't want to rearrange every single movie in my library, just my collections, like Harry Potter.

Any suggestions other than trying to use the sort window?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.1.1, Yosemite

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 4:45 AM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2018 7:07 AM in response to EricxThexGreat

Ummmm.... that seems to be doing the trick. I tried a "1" in front, and it moved it down to in front of 3:10 to Yuma. I tried "a" in front and it moved it back up to where it was before, next to 3, so I tried to change 2 to a "b" out front but it moved it up to movies starting with a "b".

I'll have to figure out a configuration that works, maybe just after Harry or something.

Thanks for the help; at least I'm moving one movie at a time now.

Much appreciated

Oct 9, 2018 7:35 AM in response to EricxThexGreat

Yeah, I tried that, like I said, and it separated them.

I've successfully labeled them as, Harry Potter a and the Sorcerer's Stone, etc.

the a, b, c seems to work where the 1, 2, 3 didn't.

At any rate, your original help of right clicking on the movie itself and selecting "Movie Info" and renaming the movie is what I couldn't figure out before.

Thanks again for your help!

How can I rearrange my movie collections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.