Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Iphone XS slightly bent from the top?

hey everyone, I noticed when I first got the iphone XS that it isn’t completely straight, wether from the side or upfront on the screen side! If you try to stick the phone to a wall on its screen side and get your eye as close as possible to the side of the phone and try to look in between the phone and the standing surface, you might notice that you can’t see through it except from the top, which gives you an indication that the top side is slightly bent outwards. I know this seems very particular and detailed but for some reason I also get the feeling of the curvature when I look at the screen when reading something or texting. So I’m not sure if that is part of the design or if my phone got bent somehow, although it was never dropped or sat on etc ...

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 5:59 AM

I was just at the apple store in paris where i took my iphone xs to repair the top stereo speaker and i also mentioned that the phone was, although brand new, slightly bent. The guy at the genious bar said that that is impossible and that there must have been some kind of physical damage done to the phone. Now, i know that you’re not supposed to carry it in you jeans pocket and stuff like that because that’s what i did with my previous iphone 6 and it got bent after a while. But with this one i was extra careful and even put it in a case right after i took it out of the box. Anyways, i went to check 5 different iphone xs models that were on display in the store and THEY WERE ALL SLIGHTLY BENT! Now i don’t know if this is a new thing with the iphones but i very much doubt that all five of them that were on display at the store have been carried around in a pocket or intentionally damaged so they all showed the exact same slight bent.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 5:59 AM in response to Dahlawi

I was just at the apple store in paris where i took my iphone xs to repair the top stereo speaker and i also mentioned that the phone was, although brand new, slightly bent. The guy at the genious bar said that that is impossible and that there must have been some kind of physical damage done to the phone. Now, i know that you’re not supposed to carry it in you jeans pocket and stuff like that because that’s what i did with my previous iphone 6 and it got bent after a while. But with this one i was extra careful and even put it in a case right after i took it out of the box. Anyways, i went to check 5 different iphone xs models that were on display in the store and THEY WERE ALL SLIGHTLY BENT! Now i don’t know if this is a new thing with the iphones but i very much doubt that all five of them that were on display at the store have been carried around in a pocket or intentionally damaged so they all showed the exact same slight bent.

Oct 23, 2018 4:05 AM in response to Dahlawi

Yh man I have the same thinking that it’s “abit bent” I asked a lot of people about that they said it’s not really bent ... they think I’m gone mad XD ... I really want to sort out this problem if it’s bent or not ... can we talk on instagram??

Add me :-*****

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Oct 29, 2018 5:39 AM in response to asim48

I found out that mine is bent. Here is how: Put your iPhone on a flat surface, a table for example, make sure the surface is straight with no bumps or curves. Now shine a light on one side and look with one eye on the opposite side, the phone should be horizontal reference to your eye! scan the gap where the surface touches the phone screen from right to left. You should NOT see the light from the other side between the surface and the phone. If you see a light from either right or left, then there is a gap which permits the light to escape under the screen. Meaning that there is a bend somewhere.

I have tried this with two iphone Xs's ... with mine, I could see the light from the area which I suspected was bent. With the other phone however, I couldn't see the light!!

Now this is purely a personal experiment and effort, I cannot guarantee that it is a reliable indication of a bent phone whatsoever.

Nov 26, 2018 8:00 AM in response to Dahlawi

Thank you for helping my OCD!! I had 2 iPhone X phones with a “slight bend” ... the only way I saw it was if if held the phone on edge and looked down either edge. It’s very slight!!

I now have and XS, same thing. I looked at an XS Max, same thing. I think it might be very common if not straight from the mold at the factory. I hate OCD! Honestly nobody else would see this crap lol!!

Jan 17, 2019 11:09 AM in response to askbarnabas

Hey apple ! I am really huge fan u since my childhood ... And I was going on my like till now using each and every iPhone but I got a doubt with my xs max as I tested it placing on 100% even surface pressing all thecorners it doesn't shows a bend but a small bit was raising up one side I unboxed and just saw placing it on even surface so that u won't think it's fallen or someone sat on it!! Some of them told it's because of big screen is it true or what is it need to be worried or not??

Is the Iphone XS slightly bent from the top?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.