Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health on iPhone 8 plus

Hi. Recently i noticed that my Battery Health precentage dropped to 96%, but i’ve been using my phone for two months only. The phone is brand new. Just to clarify, battery is awesome, and lasts two days, but this number scared me. My iPhone 6s dropped to 83% after 2+ years. So this drop in 2 months seems kinda big. Is this all normal? User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 2:55 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2018 9:40 AM in response to DraganP

Hello, DraganP.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you're concerned about your battery's Maximum Capacity and I know how you feel about this situation.The speed of how fast it goes down can vary from person to person based on how much or how little a device is used, how often or less often it is charged, settings, applications and other factors. Here's a great article that has some information on your battery, check it out: iPhone Battery and Performance

Your battery's maximum capacity

The Battery Health screen includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles.

I hope this helps.
Cheers!

Oct 12, 2018 1:06 AM in response to i_rina

I’ve read all that, what i asked is this normal to lose that precentage, for such short period on a brand new phone. I am not a heavy user, i charge my phone once in two days, most of the time battery dont get below 18% when put to charge. Phone is brand new, capacity was 100% when i started the phone. Always updated to latest iOS. Again, same thing i did with my iPhone 6s, charge once in two days, average usage, never let it drop below 10%, and yet after two years iPhone 6s dropped to 83%..All best, D.

Battery health on iPhone 8 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.