Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-up windows "Do you want the application “Chromium.app” to accept incoming network connections?" I don't have Chromium

Macbook running Mojave. I don't have Chromium or even Chrome at this point, this is some rogue program. Nothing whatever turns up in Finder.

I have Sophos Home, the free version, but it didn't pick it up. I'm guessing I got this from updating Flash (stupid, I know).

I certainly want to get the notification about accepting incoming network connections, I just want to get rid of this rogue program. A search shows me some companies with programs claiming to do that, but I don't know what companies to trust.

And does Apple have anything to help me track some hidden app spoofing Chromium?

Thank you,

Lyds

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 8:51 AM

13 replies

Oct 25, 2018 9:32 AM in response to zeitmouse

We've been getting this message for over a week or so. I can't seem to figure out what triggered it and how to get rid of it. We have Chrome. I uninstalled it, ran a virus & malware detection program. Zero things were reported. I installed it again and ran it again and still nothing is coming up. I had someone share some articles online, but they didn't really seem to be about this same exact issue. I don't have "chromium" anywhere on my computer. I viewed the activity monitor and don't see it anywhere in there either.

When the pop up first appeared, I hit Deny. But it would keep coming back over and over again. Then I hit allow and nothing changed. So no matter what I do, the pop ups keep coming. Not sure if it has something to do with my adblocker program.

So if anyone knows what caused this or what I can do to stop it, please let me know! I only have this program on my desktop, not on my MacBook, and my MacBook is running all the same browsers and programs (including the adblocker plus.)

Oct 25, 2018 9:45 AM in response to babywings76

I had to finally cll apple support and after 2 calls and trying to power on in safe mode which didn't work, I finally reached someone they transferred me to (I think some type of engineer) and they walked me thru some things in my library and got rid of some files and was able to finally get rid of this pop up. The was on 10/21 and it has not come back. I started off doing a chat with an advisor and then they transferred me to a Senior Advisor and then that person got me to where I got the help. IT took a while but it worked. I can't remember all we did but give them a call and good luck!

Pop-up windows "Do you want the application “Chromium.app” to accept incoming network connections?" I don't have Chromium

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.