Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import only edited photos from iPhone to MacBook?

I normally edit my photos within the photos app on my iPhone. When I import my photos from my iPhone X to my 12 inch MacBook, the edited and the original photo both import, which will eventually take up more memory on my MacBook by having two of the same photo (one just a little edited). How can I import only the edited version of my photos?

iPhone X, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 8:25 PM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2018 7:43 PM in response to wattsjake_

Hello wattsjake_,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with importing pictures. The options to import your pictures are provided in this help article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are using iCloud Photo library, everything matches across your devices.

iCloud Photos

With iCloud Photos, you can access your photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, on iCloud.com, and even your PC. Your latest shots are automatically added to iCloud Photos, and any organizational changes or edits you make are always kept up to date across all your devices.*

If you are using iTunes, there are two option to import. The first being to "Import All New Items". The second option will be to only "Import Selected" photos. This option will allow you to choose what you import, and limit the pictures coming in to your computer.

The last option would be to use Image Capture. This also gives you the options to import all, or only selected images. With this option, you can choose where to import the pictures too, if you wanted to import them to a specific folder rather than to Photos: Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

How do I import only edited photos from iPhone to MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.