Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find hidden photo albums on iPhone

i cant find my hidden album in the photos today after it updated to ios 12.0.1. where do i find it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 1:53 AM

I can’t find my hidden photos either. “Other albums” does not exist. I’ve see all photos. Favorites. Instagram. There is no “other photos” album. I tried restarting my phone. The album other photos still does not exist. I don’t know what to do.

10 replies

Oct 14, 2018 6:13 AM in response to jem228

I am not sure what to tell you. When I open the photo app, at the top I see Albums, just below that is “my albums” which has camera roll and photo stream. Below that is shared albums, then people and places, then from my Mac. Below that is media types. And finally at the bottom is other albums with imports, hidden, and recently deleted. You may want to stop by an Apple Store so they can see what you are seeing or not seeing.

Oct 12, 2018 11:21 AM in response to jem228

Hi jem228,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you're trying to locate your Hidden album in the Photos app.

You should be able to find your Hidden album by opening the Photos app, and then tapping the Albums icon at the bottom. Then, scroll down to the very bottom of the Albums view and look for "Other Albums." You should see Hidden there, along with Imports, and Recently Deleted.

Once you find your Hidden album, you can use the steps in the resource titled Hide photos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to unhide photos:

Unhide your photos

You can unhide your photos and videos and see them again in your Moments, Years, and Collections when you follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Tap the Hidden album.
  3. Select the photo or video that you want to unhide.
  4. Tap User uploaded file > Unhide.

On your Mac:

1. Open Photos and in the menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Photo Album.
  2. Open Albums view, then open the Hidden Photos Album.
  3. Select the photo or video that you want to unhide.
  4. Control-click the photo.
  5. Click Unhide Photo.

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Have a great day.

How to find hidden photo albums on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.