Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word and Excel crash continuously for no reason

Below is the product and software information

When using Word and Excel and e.g. I change the font colour, at first it works then if I do it again the program crash!

This happens every time and as I am currently writing a thesis it is extremely frustrating to start over and over again. The problem report I receive after such a crash is absolute 'Greek' to me so I haven't tried anything except to google for solutions which also didn't help. Thus this cry for HELP!

The problem report is extremely long but the following might help:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Most of the time, if I didn't save my work IT'S LOST 😢 When I open the program again it asks me to save normal.xxx file and sometimes in Word it will have a recovery file but most of the time not.

I have checked for updates on all the software but its all up to date.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Thank you

Laetitia

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 2:31 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 24, 2018 3:06 PM in response to campfireacademy

I have checked for updates on all the software but its all up to date.

You list that you have 15.16.

See these Release notes for 2016

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/release-notes-office-2016-mac

Release notes for 365

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/release-notes-office-for-mac

Also, see the MS forums, first search for similar issues, or then sign up or pose the question there in Mac community

For example, this is

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Select the Topic, Word is shown below, then the sub topic is Mac, and the product is 2016

User uploaded file

Some examples for Mac, look for solutions offered by the MVP folks there such as Jim Gordon

Office crashes on opening Word, Excel, etc - Microsoft Community

Excel and Word 15.15 update to 15.16 fails silently - Microsoft Community

On some threads from MS MVP users you will see suggestions or how to's on removing Office

Troubleshoot Office for Mac issues by completely uninstalling before you reinstall - Office Support

Uninstall Office for Mac - Office Support

My personal experience with all versions of Office is to be careful in doing these removals because you have to enter the product key. If you were old school and kept that Office 98 on a CD it was no problem, but with downloaded products you may have search your email for a mailed product key.

Word and Excel crash continuously for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.