Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes purchases are not downloading

I just made some purchases in the iTunes store (several TV series). I left the PC for a little while to give them time to start downloading, but when I came back about an hour later, there is no sign of them in my library.

I tried "check for available downloads" but that reported "no downloads available", as it always does.

I went back to the store to make sure the purchases had gone through. The TV series said "purchased". There is a cloud icon next to each episode, so I guess that is how I can download them. But is this really the way we're supposed to download purchases - manually, one episode at a time? Isn't there some way to download the whole season that I've bought?

Finally, since "check for available downloads" never finds any available downloads, what is it for?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 1:41 AM

Am I in the right place?

No, that is a playlist of purchased downloaded content. For the Purchased re-downloading section see the link in my first reply i.e. Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

9 replies

Oct 14, 2018 8:41 PM in response to King_Penguin

Check For Available Downloads checks for things such as pre-orders that are now available

I purchased two season passes, which are presently in the middle of their seasons. That means the episodes that have not been aired yet are pre-ordered. Shouldn't "check for available downloads" fetch the new episodes of these seasons as they become available?

User uploaded file

Oct 15, 2018 1:23 AM in response to King_Penguin

I have just discovered this list, but it appears to be everything I've ever purchased, and in no particular order. And there are no column headers, so I can't sort by title or date or anything. Scrolling through it, I see some episodes that I have purchased and downloaded already, but I don't see others that I have purchased and downloaded. As for purchased and not downloaded, I don't see any.

Strangely, even though Purchased appears below "TV Show Playlists", it includes things that are not TV shows, like music:

User uploaded file

Am I in the right place?

Oct 11, 2018 11:42 PM in response to augratin

Check For Available Downloads checks for things such as pre-orders that are now available or purchases done on other devices/computers if you had Automatic Downloads 'on' on that computer. You can also download things via : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Oct 15, 2018 1:56 AM in response to King_Penguin

I found it under Account > Purchased. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before since it's right above 'check for available downloads'.

Yes everything seems to be here, including the episodes that are available for download. And the download cloud/arrow icon actually works in this view.

Thank you, as I think this is the answer to my original post on how to initiate downloading of things I just bought. I'm still puzzled as to why media doesn't automatically get added to my library when I purchase things. I feel like I've inadvertently turned on some setting that says "show downloaded content only" (like they have on the iPad).

Oct 19, 2018 5:07 AM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

Check For Available Downloads checks for things such as pre-orders that are now available [...]

I just wanted to update the discussion and say that I received an email telling me that the next episode of my pre-ordered season is now available for download, but clicking on "check for available downloads" still does nothing. At least now I have the workaround of going to account > purchased > episode list and doing it manually.

iTunes purchases are not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.