Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch heart rate keeps giving me warnings of high heart rates

Over the last two weeks I have received 4 warnings that my heart rate has gone over 120 while being inactive, last night my max heart rate was 150. on other days at work it sometimes drops below 50bpm.

Is there a known issue with the Apple Watch and heart rates or is this accurate?

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 4:46 AM

It is possible a spike reading may occur for a few seconds if a loose fitting band allows the watch to move too much on your wrist during exercise, but you are getting repeated warnings for a longer period, when sleeping. I strongly recommend you consult your doctor without delay.

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 4:46 AM in response to roxanne276

It is possible a spike reading may occur for a few seconds if a loose fitting band allows the watch to move too much on your wrist during exercise, but you are getting repeated warnings for a longer period, when sleeping. I strongly recommend you consult your doctor without delay.

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Apple Watch heart rate keeps giving me warnings of high heart rates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.