Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Mojave Spotlight Lag

Recently, I have updated my MacBook Air from High Sierra to Mojave. My MacBook is of Early 2015 with a 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5, a 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and 256 GB storage, of which I still have 150 GB remaining. Before I updated to Mojave, spotlight was working perfectly fine and it was very fast. After the update, it takes roughly 15 seconds for the spotlight to show any search results and sometimes does not even show results. I have got my spotlight to reindex Macintosh HD and I have also run First-Aid in Disk Utility. Does someone know how I could fix this problem? I would very appreciate a workable solution🙂

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14), Early 2015, 1.6 GHz i5, 4GB Memory

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 12:31 PM

FWIW, I have a 2013 MacBook Air running Mojave and I have no Spotlight lag. One possibility is having software installed that is not compatible with Mojave.

Please install EtreCheck and post the report.

http://etrecheck.com/

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 13, 2018 2:36 AM in response to Forever 26

Some things to note, you should uninstall CleanMyMac. Macs don't need cleaning, maintenance, programs and CMM is considered to be junk and has been known to damage the system. Malwarebytes is fine but I would disable real time protection and only manually scan if you suspect adware/malware. You have a couple apps I don't know.

One reason your Mac may be slow is because you are running too many apps at once with only 4GB RAM. That's considered minimal for Mojave.

One other reason Safari may be slow if because you are running a VPN. They always slow web performance.

MacOS Mojave Spotlight Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.