Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Outlook email password pop-ups in iOS

I keep getting a pop up when I use mail. It says “Enter the password for (email account)” I press either Edit settings or Cancel and it keeps coming back. I changed the settings once but it didn’t make a difference. I also reset the iPad but that didn’t help either. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 7:56 AM

Hello Jeannie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are encountering a pop-up message asking for you to enter the password for your Outlook account on your iPad. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

If you aren't being given an option to enter the password for your email account, try to remove the Outlook account from your iPad then adding it back:

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, follow the steps in this section:

Remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

Let us know if the pop-up continues to appear after you have added the account back to your device.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2018 7:56 AM in response to jeanniefromedmonton

Hello Jeannie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are encountering a pop-up message asking for you to enter the password for your Outlook account on your iPad. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

If you aren't being given an option to enter the password for your email account, try to remove the Outlook account from your iPad then adding it back:

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, follow the steps in this section:

Remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

Let us know if the pop-up continues to appear after you have added the account back to your device.

Cheers!

Stop Outlook email password pop-ups in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.