Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download music onto my phone from Apple Music?

iPhone 7 Plus,

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 3:18 PM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2018 12:39 PM in response to PHYSC0TICxKI11A

Hello PHYSC0TICxKI11A,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are unable to download content from Apple Music on your iPhone 7 Plus. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS, restart the device, then follow the steps in this section:

If you can't download, play, or access songs

First check iTunes to see if the song is ineligible for upload. Additionally, if you added the song to your library from the Apple Music catalog, it might no longer be available on Apple Music.

Check your Internet connection

Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or a web browser on your PC, and go to any website to make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or Internet connection.

If you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device, you can try using cellular data:

1. Go to Settings > App and iTunes Stores.
  2. Turn on Use Cellular Data.

You might have to pay a fee to download over a cellular network. Contact your wireless carrier for details, and learn about cellular data settings and usage.

If you still can't download music, could you provide more detail about what is happening? For instance, does this occur when connected to Wi-Fi, cellular data, or both? Are you unable to download specific content or any content? What happens when you tap the iCloud download icon?

Cheers!

Why can’t I download music onto my phone from Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.