Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake "Apple" System Notifications

Hi

I have started getting fake , phishing style system notifications at the top right of my screen. They look like they are meant to be from Apple, and are mainly about security alerts, and click bait type notifications which take me to some random websites where they want me to download a false Adobe update. They are obviously not from Apple and I haven't downloaded anything recently. (Nothing outside the app store anyway).

I ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing, and can't see anything in the Notifications settings which could be the cause. They don't need a browser to be open to pop up either.

Can anyone help me or advise on where to look to see what bug might be causing these annoying pop ups?

Thank you !

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 5:20 PM

Hello Liz_from_MK! I believe you can stop these popups by removing notifications for the fake website in Safari preferences. To do this, open Safari, then click on the "Safari" tab in the top left of your screen, then click Preferences, then Websites, then click Notifications. Find the website in the list, then click "Deny". It may be called "NOTIFICATION SYSTEM" or something of the sort.

For more info, see this article.

Hope it helps!

-Geotrax

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2018 5:20 PM in response to Liz_from_MK

Hello Liz_from_MK! I believe you can stop these popups by removing notifications for the fake website in Safari preferences. To do this, open Safari, then click on the "Safari" tab in the top left of your screen, then click Preferences, then Websites, then click Notifications. Find the website in the list, then click "Deny". It may be called "NOTIFICATION SYSTEM" or something of the sort.

For more info, see this article.

Hope it helps!

-Geotrax

Fake "Apple" System Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.