Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings icon has "1" badge after iOS 12.0.1 update (iPhone 8)

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 3:26 PM

I am having the same issue with my iPad, and yes, I have tried all of your suggestions and none have worked. I’ve also tried restarting the iPad, as well as powering it down and leaving it off for several hours.

thanks,

toy

10 replies

Oct 15, 2018 1:17 PM in response to Hsn1984

Hi, Hsn1984!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I see that you've recently updated to iOS 12.0.1, and now you see a badge app icon on your Settings app, indicating there is one notification. I'm happy to help!

While the badge app icon does appear when an iOS update is available, it may appear in other instances. For example, you may need to enter your Apple ID password for iCloud and/or other Apple services like the iTunes & App Store, or there might be an update for your wireless carrier ( Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ). I recommend selecting the Settings app to see what the notification is related to.

If it is indicating there is an iOS update, force close the Settings app: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If you still need help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

Jan 5, 2019 2:19 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

@Lawrence Finch - Thanks Lawrence but I don't believe you read everyone's post thoroughly. The issue we are experiencing is after we complete the upgrade the 1 indication does not go away and nothing is left to upgrade. Nothing shows in the settings menu to fix in order to make the 1 indication go away.

Possible Fix for Everyone:

After searching other forums online I came across a possible fix that worked for me. I signed out my iCloud from my iPad and Sign back In. The 1 indicator went away on both my iPads. Seems that the 1 indicator is just a bug that stays on the settings icon for some users.

Settings > Clicked on my Name > (Scroll down) Sign Out

Then simply sign back into your iCloud and the 1 indicator should be gone.

Jan 12, 2019 8:29 AM in response to alohaloha

If you choose to remove the data from your phone when you next log in to iCloud all of it will be restored. If you keep it on the phone when you next log in the phone will sync to iCloud, which will take some time, and sometimes results in duplicate contacts and calendar entries.

To be safe, log in to https://icloud.com and verify that all of your information is there, then log out on your phone and remove the data. When you next log in it will be restored, but do it when you have a fast Wi-Fi connection so the data restore goes faster.

Settings icon has "1" badge after iOS 12.0.1 update (iPhone 8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.